• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

looking for software...avid

Reaction score
Well i dont want to do anything too illegal on here but i was wondering if anyone knew where to get any good software for macs... im particularly looking for avid xpress for my mac... if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be super sweet

my aim is odetooosummer

email [email protected]

thanks fellow mac dudes

B

BoingoBongo

If you're in school you can get some very good discounts on Avid stuff. I was able to get Xpress Pro for $300.

I don't really know what to do if you're not in school.

OP
J
Reaction score
BoingoBongo said:
If you're in school you can get some very good discounts on Avid stuff. I was able to get Xpress Pro for $300.

I don't really know what to do if you're not in school.

I am in school. However I dont plan to continue with Avid after the class is over.. so I really dont want to purchase it..I want to go with final cut pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
if you are in school and dont plan to use it after your class is over you should be able to use it on school computers, if they dont offer the program at your school get your IT department to get it or your teacher to purchase it for you to use. also, if your school does not have the program they should not offer the class.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Well to be honest there is really no illegal way of getting avid.. I believe they still require a USB plug in to run it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.