Turning off syncing between Apple TV and iTunes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27-inch (with all the goodies), Apple TV, iPhone 4, iPod Nano Classic, Jawbone Jambox
This question is on behalf of my parents

My parents have all their apple devices on the one account. So when mum purchases TV shows, movie, etc on Apple TV it downloads onto dad's iTunes.

Besides dad being annoyed at his iTunes library filled with Big Bang Theory episodes he is also worried about his PC's memory as mother buys lots.of.stuff!

His question was: How do i stop the purchases downloading into iTunes?

He said some items have the little cloud where others just download? is there a setting to stop this? is this got something to do with Home Sharing?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I can depend on if its windows or Mac and which version of iTunes but roughly:

In iTunes Preferences - Store untick "Always check for available downloads" and "download pre-orders when available"

Shows already download can be safely deleted from the library and they can always be re-download on request in the future.

The shows with the cloud are available to download/steam.

OP
pennyiscute
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27-inch (with all the goodies), Apple TV, iPhone 4, iPod Nano Classic, Jawbone Jambox
Thanks Mr Plow. I also discovered - after playing around - that if i untick 'Show iTunes in the Cloud Purchases' this also removes the shows, movies, etc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Glad you got sorted :)

Thanks for posting back

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.