Wifi Printer and Mountain Lion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 3.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Cintiq 21ux, Pegasus R4, iPads, iPhones and iPods
I wanted to see if someone could help me continue to troubleshoot this issue.
I use a printer through Wifi on my home network. Since I upgraded to Mountain Lion the printer's connection is very strange and sporadic. Also, I did get a new router so this could have something to do with it as well.

Let me go through some points about this problem:

- It is an Epson Artisan 835
- It worked perfectly fine for a long time before upgrading the OS and router
- I don't have this problem with my wife's computer (makes me think the router is not the issue) But then again I haven't printed much from it
- When it works, I can try to print something right after another print and it will not work (randomly).
- When it doesn;t print the message I get from the print utility is "cannot find printer" then, when I look in the system preferences it says it's in use.
- In system preferences, the printer will appear as idle and green lighted for use, then, it wont be able to find it.
- I have been able to get the printer to work in a few random ways that are not always replicable. Sometimes I can delete the printer and then in the application I am printing from I am able to add the printer real quick and print at least one job. Sometimes I have to delete the printer and then restart my computer for it to even find the printer to add it. And sometimes a simple restart of the printer gets it working again. Nothing is consistent though.....

Other steps I have taken:

- deleted printer preferences and reinstalled printer
- assigned a specific address for the network
- all software and firmware are up to date on the newest iMac. (the printer's drivers are included only in the OS updates.)
- printer sharing is enabled

Just not sure where to go from here, as all my research have got me no where so far. Thanks for the help everyone.

- Will

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
When you say "- assigned a specific address for the network"

Do you mean you've allocated a static IP to the printer via your router?

Although OSX is installing the printer have you checked the Epson support site for updates/patches/known issues?

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi,

Yes, a static IP address on the network.
I checked Epson's website and did not find anything useful. You cannot even download the driver. They have a note to go through the normal apple OS update.

But this really seems to be an Apple related issue since I can print from other computers on the network just fine without losing the connection.

The OS sees it, knows its there and says its ready and idle, but can't find it when it tries to start the print....

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
bump please....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.