• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple iWatch Coming In March?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Server 2.0GHz Intel Core i7 Quad Core, MacBook Pro Retina 2.6 GHz
Rumor mills say the Apple iWatch is coming in March. I sooo hope so ... I was going to get on the wait list for the Pebble E-Paper watch, but now that I have seen one I think I will just wait for the iWatch.

Reaction score
I hope so too. I've been wearing my iPod Nano, I get ask if it's an iWatch haha.

OP
pwfletcher
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I hope so too. I've been wearing my iPod Nano, I get ask if it's an iWatch haha.

Yeah, putting a band on that Nano was a great idea though. Some of them look pretty good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Meh.

Since I have had a phone in my pocket I haven't worn a watch, say about 16yrs. There is nothing in a watch apart from the time that I want and now I have it on my MBP, iP5 and iPad mini. Heck I change channel on my smart TV and every time I hit a button the time is there for me to see.
I'll be happy to ride this wave out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
^^ You wait, just you wait. No one thinks they want one (me especially), but I bet Apple convince a great deal of people (iPad anyone?)
Give it 10 years and there will be Rolex version :D

By the way, I haven't worn a watch in 25 years. I have a remarkable knack of knowing what time it is within a few minutes.

Ooo, that was my 4500th post :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Meh.

Since I have had a phone in my pocket I haven't worn a watch, say about 16yrs. There is nothing in a watch apart from the time that I want and now I have it on my MBP, iP5 and iPad mini. Heck I change channel on my smart TV and every time I hit a button the time is there for me to see.
Same here almost every device has a clock in it and although I might not be interested I think the younger crowd will adopt it with open arms.

OP
pwfletcher
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Same here almost every device has a clock in it and although I might not be interested I think the younger crowd will adopt it with open arms.

I don't think the fact that it tells the time is really a selling point. I think being able to view email and text alerts on wrist is what people want. Also, before long someone will write an app to control your house, audio, tv, etc from it.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Need more functions than just a clock. I would like a mix of the Nike wrist band and whatever Apple to make it better.

OP
pwfletcher
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Need more functions than just a clock. I would like a mix of the Nike wrist band and whatever Apple to make it better.

Looks like you were right. I ways hoping it was going to be something elegant looking. However if you look at the new Apple Iwatch patent it looks more like a beefed up Nike Fuelband ;-(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I'm actually interested because I don't think they would come out with something stupid. Might actually be nice.

OP
pwfletcher
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, after all of the awful smartwatches I have seen so far, it would be nice to see a good one that makes me want to spend some money.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Well, after all of the awful smartwatches I have seen so far, it would be nice to see a good one that makes me want to spend some money.

It's the year of wearable tech. Be prepared for more bandwagon jumpers and terrible tech. >_<"

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Meh.

I haven't worn a watch in about that many years as well. I still catch myself looking at my left wrist sometimes though. 。・°°・(>_<)・°°・。

It only takes one great one to make my wrist look good ;-) This iWatch concept video is pretty cool too ...

ADR Studio Apple iWatch Concept Viedo - YouTube

Well at least this one seems a little more realistic than the one with the interactive holographic projection one. Neat idea but all your business is in plain view.

OP
pwfletcher
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well at least this one seems a little more realistic than the one with the interactive holographic projection one. Neat idea but all your business is in plain view.

The freaky Stephen Hawking voice is funny ;-)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.