Stupid ?????'s

Reaction score
Hi, new to mac desk top .
1)how do you copy and paste?
2)sink my i tunes from a pc library to my mac i tunes library ??
3) spell check ?? I get a red dotted line under missed spelled words and try to right click like a pc but nothing ?????
4) opening MS word documents is going right to textedit , I dont want to edit the document , How do i just open and save the document as is ????
5) Having trouble linking my google calendar , the rest of my google stuff is linked ????
I'm sure I'll have many more stupid ????? , that's it for now

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
1) CMD+c, CMD+v instead of CTRL+c and CTRL+v on Windows..
2) Google moving library from Windows to Mac and you'll get a LOT of hits
3) If you CTRL+click on the redlined word, you should get spelling alternatives
4) Click on any Word document, hit CMD+i and under the Open With: section, choose Microsoft Word.

OP
B
Reaction score
1) CMD+c, CMD+v instead of CTRL+c and CTRL+v on Windows..
2) Google moving library from Windows to Mac and you'll get a LOT of hits
3) If you CTRL+click on the redlined word, you should get spelling alternatives
4) Click on any Word document, hit CMD+i and under the Open With: section, choose Microsoft Word.

I got the spell check worked out but the copy and paste, and the others are not working . BTW seems like a lot of buttons to copy and paste .. I must be doing something wrong

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
The copy and paste procedure is almost the same for Mac and Windows. It is a two key process so something may be going wrong here. Once you have selected the info to be copied (just as in Windows) do the following:

1. Press the command and C keys simultaneously to copy.
2. Click in the new location and press the command and V keys simultaneously to paste.

Once the text / picture to be copied is selected you can right click and choose cut, paste, etc. just as in Windows.

Note: On most Mak keyboards the command key is right next to the spacebar. If you are using a PC/Windows keyboard with your Mac I think the Windows key is used instead of the command key.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Of course, if you want to use the Mouse to Copy/Paste, you can select text or whatever is to be copied, click on Edit on the Menu bar, select Copy — then when you've located your destination, Click on Edit and select Paste.

There is a rather nice touch here — if you are copying text from one document to another or from a web page to another document; by going via Edit, you can select "Paste and match style" which pastes your text in the same format as in the document. Handy, if you are copying text from various sources into one document and you want the font/style/format to look the same.

Ian

C

chas_m

You can also set up your mouse to have a "right click" like it did in Windows. Just visit the Mouse and Trackpad prefs and turn that ability on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.