iPad Mini and Airplay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Mac OSX 10.58 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz Memo
Apple.com states that the mini can utilize Airplay to mirror stuff from my Mac to Apple TV.
I don't have Apple TV yet, but I plan on picking it up. So here's my question: I was looking into Apple TV and Airplay and was bummed to discover that my MacBook Pro is too old for Airplay. But then, Eureka! I realized I bought an iPad mini two weeks ago. So I picked it up and tried to find the Airplay icon. I can't find it.

Does the Airplay icon only show up when it's connected to Apple TV? I've searched everywhere on the Interwebs but can't find an answer.

Thank you.

C

chas_m

The AirPlay icon will only show up when an AirPlay receiver (read: AppleTV) is available on the same network.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Mac OSX 10.58 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz Memo
Thank you Chas.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.