magic mouse 2 finger swipe

Reaction score
Hello,

When I swipe my magic mouse with 2 fingers it is supposed to switch between applications on my macbook. It doesn't though, it only switches between the application I'm working in and dashboard. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong as the setting box for this feature is selected in system prefs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD
That gesture only switches between applications that are running in full screen mode. To run an app in full screen mode, click on the little icon that has two diagonal arrows in the extreme top right corner of the application window.

It looks like this:
ScreenShot2013-02-25at52727PM_zps399a3d32.png

To go back to window mode, touch the mouse cursor to the top edge of the screen and the menu will pop down and you can click the icon again. You can also just hit the esc key.

Be advised though that the only apps I've come across that run in full screen mode are apps made by Apple. Other apps such as photoshop, firefox, etc don't have this feature.

Edit - hold the phone. It looks like firefox finally added full screen mode in a recent update. Cool!

OP
C
Reaction score
Hello Adric,

Thanks a lot. It's all clear and working now. And it's even working with word for mac, excel for mac etc as well. Great stuff!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
A two finger swipe also switches between multiple desktops you might create.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.