finder frozen

Reaction score
i just bought a macbook pro ox s from someone nd i have no statup disk or anything but my finder is frozen wont let me access any files and i have no idea what to do.....do anyone have any suggestions thanks

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums

Was OS X re-installed before you bought this MBP? What version of OS X is running on there? If Lion/Mountain Lion, then you have a recovery partition that you can use to re-install yourself if it wasn't already done.

Have you tried power cycle to see if the Finder will behave?

There a bunch of things that you can do/run to check on things, but my recommendation is that you first do a clean re-install and see how things behave and then troubleshoot any further problems from that point on..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Xserve, iMAC, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iPAD 2, Iphone 4s
i just bought a macbook pro ox s from someone nd i have no statup disk or anything but my finder is frozen wont let me access any files and i have no idea what to do.....do anyone have any suggestions thanks

you try to force quit finder so it reopens fresh?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.