iPod mini problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 12 inch 1.33 GHz 512MB RAM
My iPod mini (4gb) 1g is acting up. First off, to make sure that I describe the problem correctly, I just want to say a few things. The click wheel, the Menu button works fine, the Slect button works fine, the Play/Pause button works fine, butt he rewind/restart song and fast forward/next song don't work, the rewind button acts like "Menu" and takes me back to the previous page, exactly like Menu. The fast forward button does nothing. Please help me found out why!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
is this a physical or software problem.. did you drop it or did it suffer any physical damage in any way?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBookG4 said:
is this a physical or software problem.. did you drop it or did it suffer any physical damage in any way?
No, I didn't drop it or anything like that, it has always had a protective case actaully. I do not know what could be wrong with it, i updated it using the most recent updater and now it isnt working correctly. (I also used a remote for the iPod that came with a 3G iPod 20GB) if that could be anything to do with it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Try a reset (Menu + Center button) until the Apple logo appears.

If that fails hold reset it, when the Apple logo appears hold down the << and center button until the menu appears. In the menu find disc scan and let it run.

If that fails you need to restore it. Plug it into you Mac, open the latest updater and click "RESTORE". This will re-write the firmware and reformat the iPod. Be advised, all of your music will be lost on the iPod so make sure it backed up somewhere.

If those three things fail, contact Apple.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
baggss said:
Try a reset (Menu + Center button) until the Apple logo appears.

If that fails hold reset it, when the Apple logo appears hold down the << and center button until the menu appears. In the menu find disc scan and let it run.

If that fails you need to restore it. Plug it into you Mac, open the latest updater and click "RESTORE". This will re-write the firmware and reformat the iPod. Be advised, all of your music will be lost on the iPod so make sure it backed up somewhere.

If those three things fail, contact Apple.
I did all 3 of those things, they all failed. I'm thinking it's a hardware problem!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.