Rename RAW & JPG all in one hit

Reaction score
I shoot most images as RAW + JPG, then save them in PICTURES pending processing in Photoshop. They come off the camera named as (for example) '1500CR2' and '1500JPG'. I want to rename them (for example) 'Kitty 1500CR2' and 'Kitty 1500JPG'. How can I do this all in one hit, as I have been doing for years on my PC by highlighting them both and simply renaming?

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks but that's not what I was asking for! I want to rename the RAW and JPEGS both in one hit, keeping it simple. Highlighting an image name and pressing RETURN only works if you are renaming a single image.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlackBook 13.3" 2.13ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2gb SDRAM 160gb HD
Thanks but that's not what I was asking for! I want to rename the RAW and JPEGS both in one hit, keeping it simple. Highlighting an image name and pressing RETURN only works if you are renaming a single image.

Buy Lightroom and BATCH RENAME your photos as you download the images from the camera on import.

Aperture does this too.
Adobe bridge can do it too.

File maker pro might do this as well but I'm not sure.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks but I don't want to rename the whole batch, just a single RAW and Jpeg image. Any ideas? Regards, Minnie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.