Web Page Preview light/low contrast....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G4 Dual 1.25/768mb/240g
I'm learning how to build webpages using Photshop CS and Imageready. My document looks great in PS, but when I export to Image Ready everything brightens and I lose contrast. Likewise when I preview in a browser it looks much different. My question first why is there such a change between PS and IR. Second, Should I compensate by rasing the contrast and bringing the curves down some to adjust for the change; basically make adjustments according to how it looks in IR? Is this a common problem? TIA

M

MadRhino23

When buliding websites, you always need to remember two things... The SIZE of the images and be sure to build images using WEB COLORS.... what you see in PS can be night and day when saving to JPG or GIF or even PNG.

Make sure your settings are at LEAST RGB in 8 BIT @ 72 DPI.

Go any higher and that's when you start getting confused!

:dive: :headphone :miner:

OP
b16crx69
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G4 Dual 1.25/768mb/240g
MadRhino23 said:
When buliding websites, you always need to remember two things... The SIZE of the images and be sure to build images using WEB COLORS.... what you see in PS can be night and day when saving to JPG or GIF or even PNG.

Make sure your settings are at LEAST RGB in 8 BIT @ 72 DPI.

Go any higher and that's when you start getting confused!

:dive: :headphone :miner:

Thanks for the advice. I think it's a gamma problem i'm having. I should adjust the gamma of each page in image ready right? Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.