Someone help me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 1.5gb RAM, 40gb HDD
So I decided to take the initiative and get some more RAM for my G4 ibook. I order this RAM:

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820145065

Well, i've placed it in about 5 times and my ibook has yet to read the memory. Am i doing something wrong? I'm following the instructions in the manual and it's not working. AHHHHH!!! I need help!

Reaction score
Which model iBook do you have?

It is probably just a bad stick. Every memory manufacturer ships a couple bad sticks every once in awhile.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mynameis said:
Which model iBook do you have?

It is probably just a bad stick. Every memory manufacturer ships a couple bad sticks every once in awhile.

It's a G4. The problem was i wasn't sticking it in far enough. I actually had to press it in one corner all the way and then put the other corner in. I now have 1.5 Ghz!!! awesome!

Reaction score
munch said:
It's a G4. The problem was i wasn't sticking it in far enough. I actually had to press it in one corner all the way and then put the other corner in. I now have 1.5 Ghz!!! awesome!
dont you mean 1.5 gb not ghz?

Reaction score
yo, i bit the bullet and i bought the memory right from apple store. i didn't want to, but i heard about the issues you are having and didn't want to go through them.

hope it works out.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
trapzilla2002 said:
yo, i bit the bullet and i bought the memory right from apple store. i didn't want to, but i heard about the issues you are having and didn't want to go through them.

hope it works out.

It works great. It was my fault: I wasn't sticking it in all the way. I had to push hard into one corner first, then the other and it read it. If i had installed RAM before I would have realized what i was doing and done it right the first time. There is nothing special about the RAM at the apple store. I say go with the cheaper one at New Egg. I'm running at 1.5gb and it's great.

Reaction score
I've been thinking of upgrading with the exact same memory for my G4 so that's good that it worked out. How much of a difference have you noticed with 1.5GB or RAM?

___

Right, nevermind, you answered that question in another thread :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.