Ipad 2 will not restore.

Reaction score
My wife has an ipad2 and the other day it froze on her and she did a reset by holding the Home button and the sleep button. What came on the screen was the plug into iTunes icon. I connected to iTunes and received it needed restored window.I tried several times and it appears to be trying,and says it is verifying the ipad with Apple. It runs for awhile the apple appears on the screen with the process line under it then it goes back to the plug into iTunes icon and says it can not be updated error 40. I have tried two PC laptops and my iMac with the same results. This is your basic ipad 2 16gb wifi.i have also tried the method of host file editing with Terminal on my iMac. Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2011 mac Mini, 2.3 GHz core i5, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Sierra, Retina display iPad, Iphone 5S
OP
G
Reaction score
I am not familiar with jailbreak. I have tried to go into DFU mode and still nothing. All I know is that it froze while she was using it and now I can not get away from Plug into ITunes icon. I have gone through the process of downloading an iOS upgrade and install it then I get "This device is not eligible for upgrade".
I have tried different cables with no success.

C

chas_m

Sounds like it is well hosed. A trip to an Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service Provider is likely your next step.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.