Mac Pro stuck in Windows 7... can't launch OSX

Reaction score
Hey, friends.

I am royally screwed.

I have been successfully using Boot Camp on my Mac Pro to run Windows 7 to play the odd game here and there. No problems for the last year.

Suddenly, I am stuck loading Windows 7, and the Option key will not summon up the icons to select which system I want to boot. Also, no Boot Camp icon in my Windows 7 system tray. Tried so many fixes all day today. Can't start up from OSX system DVDs. Can't re-install Apple drivers on Windows side, because the Snow Leopard disk tells me the 64 bit bootcamp won't work on my machine, and the Original Mac OSX Leopard disc has several fails during bootcamp installation. The Intel Chipset install fails, the KeyAgent fails and the MAC HAL install fails, but the Boot Camp install finishes. Still no black diamond icon in my taskbar... I can't re-select my OSX partition to boot from.

I am desperate. I feel like I have gotten myself into a loop here and can't get out. All was running well for a year and now this. Please help

- David

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Here's a suggestion you can try to see if the hard drive has gone south or it's something else:

Pull the hard drive out of the Pro and see if you can start it up with your Snow Leopard DVD. Let us know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.