Graphics pad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Refurb'd 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 w/ Retina & 256G Flash
I'm a jr. math teacher in a technology challenged school. I want to buy a graphics pad to use with my new shiny MBP to project (we do have a few projectors) equations on the whiteboard as I write them.

Anyone have recommendations on a graphics pad? A Wacom Bamboo seems to be the most popular/safest choice, but there also seem to be several Chinese brands (Taiwan/PRC) with less customer support, for about half the price of the Bamboo.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Drew

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
A Wacom Bamboo seems to be the most popular/safest choice, but there also seem to be several Chinese brands (Taiwan/PRC) with less customer support, for about half the price of the Bamboo.

If you're going to be using it in class to project, don't skimp. The Wacom is a good choice and will last for years. Costs more, but as the old adage goes... you get what you pay for. ;)

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks chscag, that was my thought, but just wanted to get other's opinions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2011 mac Mini, 2.3 GHz core i5, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Sierra, Retina display iPad, Iphone 5S
Been using the Wacom Bamboo for year and a half now. Does every thing I need it to do and it is very durable.

Bill

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Been using the Wacom Bamboo for year and a half now. Does every thing I need it to do and it is very durable.

Bill

Which model Bamboo do you have? If its one that has "swiping", do you find that useful?

Thanks,
Drew

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2011 mac Mini, 2.3 GHz core i5, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Sierra, Retina display iPad, Iphone 5S
I use the Wacom Bamboo. Model number on it is CTH-470. It has the "swiping" that you are asking about but I don't really use it. I use a track pad and a magic mouse with my mini for day to day stuff.

Bill

Reaction score
I also use one in my maths lessons, Wacom Bamboo.

Only really use the pen, none of the gestures. Using it with Curio at the moment but Open Sankore is pretty good though there is a problem with it and Mountain Lion at the moment so I'm waiting for an update.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for your replies, I went with the Bamboo Capture, which has the touch pad functionality, but as with you guys, I'll probably use mainly the pen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.