Wrong email address keeps appearing on my macbook

Reaction score
Hello,

I've recently bought a MacBook pro, I configured it with my iTunes account that I created before when I bought my iPod.

All has been going great until a couple of days ago, suddenly, I started noticing that when I tried to create a new account on my macbook (an email, a calendar or so), the wrong email appeared. I mean, my brother has an iPod and an iPad and has his own iTunes account, and well is his email direction that keeps appearing, which is weird because he has never used my MacBook.

Today, for example, I was trying to connect my Google Calendar account to the iCal in my MacBook, and when I try to create the account, the first mail that appeared was his gmail account (which is the same mail he uses in his iTunes account), and even when I changed it and put my email, when it sync his name appear (with my google email), and also changed the name of my GMail account (that I set in the system preferences and is synced with the Mail of my MacBook).

Although is not something that is avoiding me to do something, it's pretty annoying still. Anyone has any idea what is it that I did wrong, or better yet, does anyone know how to fix it?

Any help is welcome. Thank you for your time :).

P.S. We had our iPods for over a year now, and we used to use the same iTunes in a Windows computer with different libraries, but sometimes he synced his iPod with my library and even updated some apps we had in common but with my iTunes account, I don't know if that can be the reason of this.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
P.S. We had our iPods for over a year now, and we used to use the same iTunes in a Windows computer with different libraries, but sometimes he synced his iPod with my library and even updated some apps we had in common but with my iTunes account, I don't know if that can be the reason of this.

Yes, that's the reason. Apple thinks your account and his are one in the same. That's why we always recommend separate accounts and separate Apple IDs. I'm not sure how you're going to resolve it though. Have you tried to create a new Apple ID for yourself on the MBP?

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Still, is weird, because it only causes me problems with gmail accounts syncing.

I mean, in System Preferences -> Mail, Contacts & Calendars, I have 5 accounts: The iCloud, Twitter, Facebook and Two Gmail Accounts (both of them mine). And the ones that cause me troubles are the two GMail accounts. The problem they cause is that they show my brothers name instead of mine, but both emails are mine (while iCloud, for example, shows my Apple Id and my name), and all the apps they are syncing (Mail, Calendar, Messages and Notes) are mine too, and even if I change both name on the accounts, they change back the minutes I quit the system preferences :/...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.