iphoto issues

Reaction score
I'm running running OS X 10.5.8, iphoto 7.1.5 and have 2 users: my husband and myself. On my login, everything works as it should. On his, I keep getting the "can't open using this version" message. The pics open in Preview so I've moved a few into the shared folder, logged out, logged back in on my side and reopened them in iphoto, but this is pretty laborious and the he would like to edit under his own login. I can't figure out why the same version works for one login but not the other.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like he may have a different version of iPhoto or remnants of one installed under his user name. Ask him to check which version he's using when he logs on. Also, Leopard is an old version of OS X. If you have an Intel Mac (you didn't say) you really should update your OS X at least to Snow Leopard which is only $19.99 direct from Apple.

OP
S
Reaction score
I checked that and forgot to mention that they're both 7.1.5. I'm using Intel Core 2 Duo. I'll do the upgrade and see if that helps. I'm not particularly interested in the newest version of iPhoto - I just wouldn't use any of the new features.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.