Safari's Behavior Upon Page Regression

Reaction score
I love what safari and apple have done with browsers. One thing bothers me though. Sometimes, when I return to a news site after reading a particular story, I see the prior web page... but then, before I can read the next headline and click on it, the page refreshes. What I think it ought to do is not refresh unless told to do so. I'm not sure how much duplicate information is being transmitted, but I pay through the nose for all inbound bytes, no matter how many times they've been sent before. I suspect it has to do with loading fresh adds.

Regardless, it's a blast sweeping away a page to see the page you were just on. The reader part is also very cool. I'm not sure how this is accomplished, but they did it.

It would also be nice if they provided an option for prohibiting the download of video. Often I download a set of stills to see if I want to play a given video (very big files), only to find that while I'm looking at stills on one side of the page some stupid commercial for soap or chicken liver is playing at 30 frames per second on the other side of the page.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your post is NOT a community suggestion or feedback. We (these forums) have no control over what happens with Safari. If you want to provide feedback, address your concerns to Apple. The Community Suggestions and Feedback forum has to do with our forums not over areas for which we have no control.

I moved your post here to the OS X Apps and Games forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.