network problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
macbook pro can't seem to locate home network

Hi betty 1254,

You're not giving us many clues....I can't find my slippers but am holding off getting the neighbours in just yet ;D

OP
B
Reaction score
more clues

we have a modem and a router and an older dell laptop all of which work just fine for going on line. for the past 9 months the mac book pro also worked fine with the same modem and router. in the last few weeks the mac doesn't recognize our network. how to get it to recognize our network?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok.

Run 'Software update' on your MBP and if you can enter your router's settings do a firmware update on that.

Next power down the modem and router (unplug the cables completely).

On your MBP quit all your apps, go to Disk Utility in Applications, choose your hard drive (Macintosh HD) and run 'Repair Disk Permissions' let it run it's course then shut the machine down.

Re-connect and power up your modem and router first and then start up your MBP.

If it doesn't automatically see the network you will have to choose it by clicking on the wi-fi icon on the menu bar. Let's see what happens then because there are other things we can look at if the problem persists.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
That's all well and good advice . . . . . but any news on the slippers? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's all well and good advice . . . . . but any news on the slippers? :)

Hahahaha......no I'll keep you posted. I normally blame the missus but she's having none of it :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.