• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Opinions please

Reaction score
I plan on buying my first mac soon and im stuck between these two choices

Powerbook G4 12inch
IMAC G5 20 inch

At a store close to me they are selling it for the same price

Which would you take? :headphone

T

topshot

I'd get the iMac, but that is because I don't really need portability and it is much faster than the Powerbook, plus the screen is bigger and it comes with a remote and iSight.

B

BoingoBongo

I recently had to choose between the MacBook and the Intel iMac. Not the exact same situation, but I chose the iMac. I had a gut feeling that it was the one that was right for me.

E

Ex_PC_Puke

If you REALLY need mobility then the answer is clear - otherwise go with the power and display of the iMac ...... I have a new G5 17" - its freakin awesome

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.