Refurbished Mac Pro ok?

Reaction score
Newbie here. I searched for threads about refurbished but didn't see any comments.

I am looking at a 2012 Refurbished Mac Pro, 1 year warranty. I am going this route to save a few bucks. There is also a refurbished display! I'm switching from an old PC specifically built for video editing. The refurbished Mac has all the bells and whistles I'm looking for.

Does anyone have input, pros or cons about purchasing a refurbished Mac Pro and display? Also, is it advisable to buy additional 3 year warranty?

Thanks in advance.

Nance

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Newbie here. I searched for threads about refurbished but didn't see any comments.

Obviously you haven't searched hard enough!;) We talk about refurbished computers from Apple being a fine and wise choice all the time!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13", 2.26 GHz, 2GB, 160GB. iPod touch 2nd gen, 8GB, 27" Core i7, 8GB, 1TB iMac
I've had 2 computers from the refurb store, a MacBook and an iMac.

The Apple refurb store is excellent, everything gets delivered like new. Also, keep in mind that to sell something on the refurb store, it needs to be thoroughly checked by Apple Technicians to ensure that it is fit for sale, and to check the condition etc, so it's a pretty safe bet.

The only major difference you'll notice is that the packaging will be plain white cardboard, not the full retail packaging. An excellent tradeoff for the savings in general.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
My currently iMac is a refurb that I purchased at the end of 2009. It had the 1 year AppleCare that I extended to 3..I should finally be out of my warranty period now, but I haven't had a single problem with it throughout my ownership.

Apart from the plain looking box the iMac came in, nothing about the insides, the packaging or the iMac itself suggests that it was a refurb..to top it off, I saved a good chunk of money on it, so it's a win-win-win all around..:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.