iCloud not saving bookmarks ? How then besides Delicious, etc. ?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
iCloud will only sync bookmarks if this is enabled and you're using Safari. Otherwise, you'll need to use either the built-in syncing offered by your browser (each of them has such a feature) or a third party solution. If you don't use such a service, yes, they'll be on your HD somewhere (where depends on the browser).

OP
D
Reaction score
Thank you vansmith. I'm using Safari. I checked under system preferences -> iCloud and bookmarks is checked. Does this mean that my bookmarks are being automatically bookmarked ? Maybe a stupid question, but how can I verify ?
Thanks so much. Dee

C

chas_m

You also need to make sure you that iCloud is set to sync bookmarks on your Mac as well.

Then, you can easily test it by adding a bookmark on one machine and then see if it turns up on the other device.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.