using MBP with ViewSonic Projector

Reaction score
I am having great difficulty using a View Sonic Projector with my MBP. With the projector off, I boot up the MBP and then plug in the projector cable to the appropriate port. The screen goes to blue for a moment then back to regular. When I turn the projector on, the MPB freezes and the projector will not connect.

I have tried every formula possible. Staring with projector off, then Computer off, then both off, etc.
Funny thing is I got it to work last week but can;t get it again.

Help, I am ready to throw them both out the window.

PS. other Windows PCs work fine with projector.

One very frustrated Boy

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Without any information about your MBP (year and model) and version of OS X, it's difficult to say what's wrong. Generally though, make sure you're using the correct adapter and cable from your MBP to the projector. You also didn't say if your MBP correctly identifies the projector when it's hooked up. And the native resolution of the projector (usually 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768).

OP
P
Reaction score
Its a new MPB with OX 10.8.2. I have had it working twice but when i repeat whatever I just did it no longer works. Stayed on phone with Apple care for two hours and they couldn't resolve the issue. It doesn't recognize the projector and the screen locks up when I plug my VGA cable into my Mini Display port..

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The later model MBPs have a Thunderbolt output port. While the Mini Display Port adapters are supposed to be backward compatible with Thunderbolt it doesn't always work out that way. What kind of adapter are you using?

However, if the Viewsonic projector worked previously with your MBP, you could be having a problem with the adapter or cable. Try substituting a different adapter and or cable to the projector.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.