iTunes - Disc Burner or Software Not Found

Reaction score
Burning a CD in itunes - Going to burn a cd the first 7 tracks burn ok and then when I put in the second CD I get "Disc Burner or Software Not Found" any suggestions on what I should do next? It is an iMac on 10.8.2 and everything is updated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Explain what you mean by "put in the second CD"? You can not continue a burn from one CD to another, if that's what you're stating.

OP
K
Reaction score
I was burning a CD that had 14 tracks that were 11 minutes. That would not fit all on one CD so when the first 7 tracks are done it spits the CD out and then asks you to insert the next CD and when I do that is when I get the Disc Burner or Software not found. I do these CD's all the time at work. For some reason this just started happening this week.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, you're burning them as audio so they can play in your car, etc. I thought you were doing MP3s. Yeah, in that case it should work as iTunes will sense the second CD inserted and continue with the other 7 audio tracks. Try cleaning your optical drive with a can of compressed air by blowing several short blasts into the opening. See if that gets things back on track.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.