Moving Office for Mac from one Mac to another

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro OS X 10.67
I have Office 2011 for Mac installed on my current MacBook Pro. I have the installation code for the Office, but cannot find the disks, and I am likely getting a new Mac, after this Mac is gone (so no opportunity for connecting). i am wondering if anyone knows what files I could transfer from my current Mac to my external Hard Drive that would allow me to reinstall Office on my new mac?

Appreciate any help you can offer.

Cheers,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If you back up to Time Machine and restore or connect the two Macs and use migration assistant you'll be able to transfer all your apps and files to your new Mac.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As member "mrplow" indicated, using a TM backup as migration should work. I have done this myself with Office 2011. However, I strongly advise you to find your serial number activation code. If for example, you should ever have to reinstall Office 2011 it will ask you for the activation code.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro OS X 10.67
Thanks for the responses, I will do the TM backup. and, I do have the activation code, just missing the disks.

Reaction score
If you have the activation code could you not just download the thirty day free trial of Office when you get your new machine and then activate with your key. Might be wrong.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Good suggestion from member "jaritch". That will work as we have had other users do exactly that. As long as you have your activation serial number, your license is legal. The disk is just a place where the program is stored anyway.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro OS X 10.67
as a side note, I am trying to use Time Machine for a Backup, and the bloody thing keeps freezing up. The best I have been able to acheive is about 820Mb of 125GB to backup, and it just seems to stall. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I'd start by running repair permissions from Disk Utility.

Then grab Onyx for Snow Leopard and run all the automated scripts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.