going back to iOS 3.x?

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a iPhone 3GS. It is jailbreaked since my operator doesn´t support iphones. I bought it with iOs3.1 which worked perfectly. I then upgrade to iOS5.1 because some apps, that I was interested in, did not work on 3.1. Unfortunatly since the upgrade I have the same problem as many other users: the phone sometimes just restarts while talking. Annoying. I did not find a solution for that on the web. But: is it possible to go back to iOS 3.x? How?
Thanks, swenniels

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
There is no official downgrade path. But if you google "iOS downgrade" you'll get a lot of info. You, however, need the firmware for iOS 3.x and a backup from that version to restore everything. Also, virtually no recent app will work with iOS 3.x.

Reaction score
Australia. Just kidding. Somewhere in florida.
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air running the epic Mountain Lion
Did you jailbreak ios 3.X? If yes then then use your shsh blobs from cydia to restore. Also maybe download the firmware ipsw you want to a computer and then shift+restore thru itunes may work. Happy downgrading!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 1,1, PBG4 17", iBook G3(366 Indigo), iPad Air (16G), iPhone 4(8GB).
Most apps require 4.2.1 or 5 to work. I know because I still have a 1st Gen Touch. :)

(have a 2nd Gen too, but hate the audio quality).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.