Os X,.5.8 on last of the motorolas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac quad 8, Os X.8.5 6gig ram for now
Should I be concerned about mac viruses? I have dsl w/a router as my only fire wall. It was enough for many years. However browsing has been the pit's lately with very slow loading pages. Sometimes nearly as slow as dial up. Mostly during the day. Is it just too much cell phone texting blather? I'm in a very rural at the end of an 18 thousand foot run from the terminal hub. for our 24 person town.

I'm told that is the problem. I think there is more to it than that. Every time I whine they send a truck and check the in house and back to the hub. It's always the same no problem here. Must be some noise on the line. Is it just so many people on line now? Or........?

Thanks,

Ron

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
One is not related to the other. What speed is your DSL connection? What does texting have to do with it and how does virus fit into your question/concern?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.