iPad app crashes after loading

Reaction score
Hello,
I just started having this problem with the Plants vs Zombies app on iPad. When I push the app it opens, then at the bottom says "loading," then finishes loading, then when I click start it crashes. Here's what I've tried so far with no success.
1. I've tried closing the app so it is not running (via double clicking the home button so the running apps appear at the bottom of the screen so you can hold them down, they shake, and you "x" them out to quit them), then tried opening the app again but had the same result.
2. I've tried shutting down my iPad by holding down the power and home buttons together then, shutting it down, waiting 30 seconds to a minute and turning it back on via the power button and trying the app again but had the same result.
3. I've tried the itunes authorization thing where you download a free app to reset the authorization and tried opening the app again but had the same result.
4. I've tried sacrificing the neighbors cat to the God of War then tried to open the app but had the same result.... Okay, not really but I'm running out of options here.

The only thing I haven't done yet is delete the app from my iPad and reinstall it. The only thing that makes me not want to do that is that I might lose the info. But it may be my last option (other than my neighbors cat... Ha ha, kidding of course).

Any ideas on what the issue could be?

FYI, I played that game a ridiculous amount, had the max amount of user slots filled with a ton of PvZ money and zen garden plants and extras, and thought perhaps the app may have reached its limit for its in-app stored data capacity (I have no idea if this is how these apps work, I'm just speculating).

So should I delete it and reinstall it, or is there something else I can do?
Any info is much appreciated.
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
All i can suggest is to backup your iPad delete the App and download it again, and then even try to restore from backup and it should have your saved data in it
Oh and welcome the forums

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.