Mac Parallels 5 Window Problem

Reaction score
I currently have Windows XP running on my parallels machine. I always run it in window mode so that I have access to both my Snow Leopard Desktop and my XP Desktop.
It works fine when on the regular windows desktop and fills the screen, but whenever I start a program that goes full screen on my XP OS it changes the size of the screen from being large and shrinks the entire parallels window to about the size of a fourth of my display. When I quit out of the program and go back to my regular XP desktop, the parallels window goes back to the original size it was before. It is really irritating to use full screen programs on it because it of this shrinking problem. Also, I have tried changing the parallels desktop to go full screen on my display, it works fine when I'm not in a full screen program or game, but if I do go into a program it shrinks the screen to less than a fourth of the screen and is stuck in the middle, with black in the rest of the screen. Please Help!

I am running Parallels 5 if that helps...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your copy of Parallels is three versions behind. The latest is 8.X which has resolved many problems from previous versions. Update to the latest and run it in full Coherence Mode.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.