help music software Finale

Reaction score
hi all. i play trumpet for church. the music they have is not in my key, so i have to transpose it. i have been doing it by hand for a while, but it takes 30 mins to an hour per song. i found this software trial called Finale 2012. it seams it can do everything i want, except it always crashes when i try to import my .TIF file. it supposedly can do it, but always crashes for me. if anyone has used this before please help. i don't have hours set aside just for transposing music.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2011 mac Mini, 2.3 GHz core i5, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Sierra, Retina display iPad, Iphone 5S
Sometimes it is better if you take problems like this to the software company's forms. While I have used Finale in the past I found it was rather particular how you scan your music to a .tiff format. Photocopies that I scanned didn't transfer very well, if at all. Perhaps it is your scan parameters. Here is the Finale Forum. It appears as if this forum is active so perhaps the experts there can answer your question.

Finale Music Notation Support | Finale Forum

Bill

OP
H
Reaction score
thanks i figured out with many failed attempts when i am choosing my instruments i have to select the default one then cancel quickly and it works most of the time. i will check out the forum thou.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.