iCal on multiple computers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
Is there a way that I can synchronize the calenders on my Powerbook and iMac so that they display the same thing? Under preferences I found that I can do it through a .Mac account, but I don't have a .Mac account. Any way around that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I would like to know the same thing.. I just keep transferring over my preferences to my powerbook which is more of a hassle then a different way of doing it :)

Reaction score
Bump.

I have two Powerbooks in my house and I want to share calendars between them. So far i've been using iChat to send .ics files between the two, very much a hassle and leads to problem #2:

When a calendar is imported, it creates a double, triple, quadruple events of past occurrences, all I want to do is import the most recent updated to a specific calendar.

Any insight? and no i'm not about to drop cash on a .mac account. Even with .mac, calendars can only be subscribed to and not edited, give me a break.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Is there a way that I can synchronize the calenders on my Powerbook and iMac so that they display the same thing? Under preferences I found that I can do it through a .Mac account, but I don't have a .Mac account. Any way around that?

Yes. You need a web server that support WebDAV, which is required by iCal. My Web Hosting company doesn't support WebDAV, so I had to go with .Mac or do what Flip2gig is doing. I'm on the .Mac trial now but will likely pay the $99 when it's done. To be honest, having everything between my G5 and my iBook synced up is sort of nice. Same bookmarks in Safari, same keychain passwords for web and ftp sites etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.