Trying to set up printer

Reaction score
I'm trying to set up my printer. I have a Brother HL-2140 printer which has been working on my network. The printer is attached to my wife's Windows 7 PC on the network. The set up procedure on my Mac finds the "Windows" printer in Workgroup, dave-pc, Brother HL-2140. I have downloaded new drivers from Brother, CUPS drivers, and installed the new driver for this printer on my new Mac Mini. The printer doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas? I must be missing something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Try setting up with USB first and then try wireless. You have selected the printer in System Preferences > Print & Scan and hit the little '+' button?

OP
S
Reaction score
I now have two printers showing as being set up, and the newest one is set as default. I still am not having success after bringing the printer to the Mac and connecting USB. I see a printer icon in the dock with yellow mark and red dot showing the two instances where I tried to print. Thank you for your quick response to my question.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.