Is This Powerbook Fast Enough?

C

chrisb2999

Will a 15in aluminum powerbook, 768ram, 1.0 ghz, 60 gb harddrive running Tiger run all new software fast? (i.e. Photoshop cs, final cut, games?)

OP
B

Biturbo V12 AMG

chrisb2999 said:
Will a 15in aluminum powerbook, 768ram, 1.0 ghz, 60 gb harddrive running Tiger run all new software fast? (i.e. Photoshop cs, final cut, games?)

Depends on what you consider fast... My 1.67ghz with a gig of ram will run photoshop just fine final cut is ok but not as great as running on a dual 2ghz G5 but its still usable. As for games it depends on what game you want to run and how maby MB your graphics card is i am guessing you have a 64mb card halo will run fine but not as good as a desktop computer. Laptops are built to be portable and power efficient and they are quick but not made to do tasks that desktops do. Speed is all relative, if you are using the internet or basic applications such as word you cant tell a speed difference between 1ghz and 1.6 ghz some might argue you can but if you did a blind test of 2 laptops of varying speed most of the time they cant tell.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.