How do reconnect camera for Photo Booth, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10.12.4. plus an older mac
Hi and thanks in advance for any help/ Running OS 10.7.5

Unable to use camera on SKYPE. Tested on Photo Booth. Received notification that the camera was not connected.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If your camera is not working in Photo Booth, it's not going to work with Skype. Try resetting the SMC and then check it again with Photo Booth. See the following Apple KB article: LINK

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10.12.4. plus an older mac
Hello and thank you kindly for your response. Mine to you at this date as I must have lost interest and never checked back.

I looked at the link you sent and when I feel ambitious and want to spend the time, will see what I can do.

I will let you know how it turns out if I do this.

Thanks again,

John

C

chas_m

Stupid question, but is this the built-in camera on most Mac equipment, or a third-party camera?

C

chas_m

It's possible the camera has failed, or the wiring has been disconnected when the case was opened (if it ever was).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.