Password on DVD-R

Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone please tell me how I can password protect a DVD-R when saving from my imac?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Please don't post the same question in multiple forums. Please wait for a response to your single post and the Staff will move it to the appropriate forum if needed..

OP
A
Reaction score
No probs, as a new user finding your site hard to use, good to know that you will move it if in the wrong place. Any idea how long I sould be waiting before getting a reply?!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Off the top of my head I can't think of a way of password protecting the DVD itself, but you can create a encrypted image or ZIP file that you can place on the DVD-R. You can create a new image through Disk Utility, click on the New+ button on top and then under Encryption, choose the level you want.

You can also create a password protected archive (ZIP, 7Z, what have you) using any of the various archive managers as well..

Would this suffice for what you are attempting to do?

OP
A
Reaction score
thanks very much I will try that - yes it is just the content of the dvd not the actual dvd I want to encrypt.
:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.