airpot express sound

Reaction score
Hi All!!
I'm John. I'm a new-be here and a relatively new Mac user.
Let me get right to the point.
I have a mac mini and got an airport express, mainly for sound and my printer as I have a wireless router already. It seems the only sound I get through my stereo is from iTunes only!
Although that works great, I thought I would be able to here any audio from any website (youtube, etc). I can't seem to find anything in my preferences/settings to address this.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

john

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Welcome to the forum.

Which Mac Mini do you have and what version of OSX are you running?

OP
J
Reaction score
Good Morning.
I'm not sure where to find which mini I have. I bought it new about one year ago and it is running OSX 10.7.5.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Without a third party app you'll need Mountain Lion to mirror all audio over AirPlay.

In mountain lion (10.8) you can hold down option and click the audio icon on the menu bar and choose your airport express as the destination.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for the Info!
I was thinking of upgrading to Mountain Lion but wasn't sure if it was worth it or necessary??
That does sound like the best option though.
thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.