Improving performance logically

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new to these forums but I've had my MBP for a while (2011 MBP 13").
Although I've been using this laptop and platform for a little while, when it comes to "under the hood" ;P I know next to nothing about computers and how to upgrade them.
So, with that in mind, I'd like for someone to point me in the right direction to upgrade my laptop internals to fully optimize the performance and not spend too much on too little.

So, like I said it's a 2011 MBP 13" with a 2.3Ghz i5, 4GB RAM and unlike others I have not filled up the HDD to it's full capacity (235GB free out of 320GB). I am an audio engineer and am constantly on Logic Pro 9, and in my spare time I like to game a little and play some World of Warcraft. Those are the main things I do on my MBP, produce music, game a little, listen to music and surf the web.

My uncle is a computer freak but has very limited time so he told me to start by upgrading my RAM. Which I purchased an 8GB RAM upgrade. With all of that in mind, how should I go about upgrading next? I mainly just want my games to run a little more smoothly and less hot and my Digital Audio Workstations to not reach max CPU, and ultimately the best bang for my buck and not overspend on something that I won't be able to fully utilize. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.