Powerbook prices

C

chrisb2999

thadoggfather said:
will they drop any time soon? and significantly?

We'll the used pbook market has at least, i just bought a 15 in aluminum 1 ghz 60 gb hd, with airport and applecare till aug 2007 for only $750

Reaction score
chrisb2999 said:
We'll the used pbook market has at least, i just bought a 15 in aluminum 1 ghz 60 gb hd, with airport and applecare till aug 2007 for only $750

i hate you. I was jsut about to get one of those, then they were gone, you! I am gonna wait i think till i find a decent one sub grand before i get one to replace my 2 and a half year old 12" with majorly dented case, doesnt even close right. the case replacement is so rediculous that its much more worth it to buy a BN one

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
thadoggfather said:
wow apple offered those? I wish I got one.

It was used, so 3rd party.
(if asking about his PowerBook).

If asking about the case, yes, they do, but for a 15" PowerBook G4 1.67 they wanted to charge me $660.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
thadoggfather said:
will they drop any time soon? and significantly?
Nobody can answer either of those questions with any degree of certainty or reliability. That is like asking the car salesman to guarantee that the car you purchase to not ever breakdown. Its like asking someone if they can tell you for sure if they are going to become violently ill the next day.
The question cannot be answered.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
The new models won't drop in price significantly for quite a while, as the new chips Apple is using are actually more expensive than the old ones...
The old Powerbooks will continue to be sold at current prices until apple has no inventory left or until Pro apps start shipping with Universal binaries. (Photoshop!)

The 2nd hand market will likely see a bit of a price drop after a few months...

Reaction score
powerbook prices just dropped not that long ago, i wouldent think they would do it again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.