Hello !

Reaction score
:D Hello. I'm a newbie who is interested in purchasing a Mac but don't know where to start.
Any adivse would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Welcome to the forum.

Like any purchase you have consider what you'll use it for. Give us a few details of your 'must haves'.

E.g.
Do you want a notebook or a desktop machine?
What sort of tasks would you use a computer for?
What's your rough budget?

OP
B
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Thanks !
Like any purchase you have consider what you'll use it for. Give us a few details of your 'must haves'.

E.g.
Do you want a notebook or a desktop machine? DeskWhat sort of tasks would you use a computer for? Internet, e mails and photos.What's your rough budget?

As little as possible. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You don't say which country your from, these links are for the US store as the majority of visitors here are from the US.

The absolute cheapest way into a desktop Mac - a Mac mini, supplying your own keyboard, mouse and screen:
Mac mini - Buy Mac mini Computers - Apple Store (U.S.)

Cheapest, desktop, all-in-one Mac 21.5" iMac
iMac - New iMac Desktop Computers - Apple Store (U.S.)

Keeping in mind these two types of machine you can look to the refurb store to shave the price down a little more:
Refurbished Mac Computers - Refurbished Notebooks & Desktop Computers - Apple Store (U.S.)

OP
B
Reaction score
I live in France. I have a Philips screen a Fujitsu siemens keyboard (not wireless) and a Logitch cordless mouse. I'm on a very low budget and that is the reason why I'm interested in a Mac mini.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What were your questions specifically?

OP
B
Reaction score
I already have a Philipps 170x6 screen, a Fujitsi Siemens keyboard (not wireless) and a Logitech cordless mouse with a usb port. I don't have wi fi and would like to know whether I can use the material that I have with a
Maci mini ?

Thanks !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The keyboard will be fine.

You'll need an HDMI to DVI-D cable to connect the screen.

Can't say if the mouse will work. Depends if its driverless (most modern wireless mice are) or of that particular model has a Mac specific driver. Impossible to say with the current information.

OP
B
Reaction score
Does that mean that I just have to buy a special cable for the screen ? How can I find out whether the mouse will work ? I have just purchased it.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The video out on the Mac mini is HDMI. The video input on your screen is DVI-D.
They are compatible so no signal conversion is required, simply a cable with HDMI on one end and DVI-D on the other. I can't say if you'll need to buy one....... Depends if you have one already. They aren't expensive:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000GDI6FC/

As for the mouse.... I'd start on the Logitech website

OP
B
Reaction score
Thank your for your help. I'm clueless when it comes to computers and cables and not a fan of techie stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, late 2012 model, 21"
An HDMI-to-DVI adapter is included with the with the Mac mini. No need to buy one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Fair enough.... Then just a DVI cable required

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Yes, it's very simple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.