Html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro (2010) 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM
I did some web sites two years ago on pc's and i want to get back in to doing it again. i have dreamweaver on the mac, but not intrested in using it. i used to do them on the pc using notepad and then saving as a html and editing the source file and saving and refreshing. i like doing it that way, however i tryed that using textedit and saved a html,but in safari or explorer i could not edit the source file..any ideas ??? :headphone

M

MadRhino23

Since you do not want to use DreamWeaver or Golive... use BBedit... very good tool for HTML, PHP , etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Check out nvu.org. It can do WYSIWYG and HTML and it's free.

I like SubEthaEdit for just pure code editing though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Please do not double post.

I would go with BBEdit also. That's what I use and really like it.

OP
robbiemullen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro (2010) 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM
I got Taco edit(freeware), im very happy with it.i tryed nvu.org and i had problems with the application, it just kept bouncing on the dock and wouldnt load. what do yous think of taco edit ?

S

steveedge

You can copy the source file and paste it into a text document, then save the text as.html.......but what would be better....is to simply SAVE AS in either of those browsers. There is an option to save as web archive or page source. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.