Bootcamp not letting me set up Win7 in Bootcamp partition. Help?

Reaction score
So, today I have attempted to set up Windows 7 using Bootcamp. I set up a 50gb partition, and restarted my mac, and it started up in Windows 7 setup. So, I go through the steps until I get to two options 'Upgrade' or 'Custom'. Since I don't have a previous windows, I chose Custom, and it asked for my partition. It did not let me choose any of the partitions, not even the 50 gb bootcamp partition! Please help.

TL;DR- When setting up windows 7, it did not let me choose the bootcamp partition i made.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Does your Windows 7 disc match the requirements for bootcamp?

Full retail/OEM 32bit or 64 bit Windows 7 disc?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Print and read the BootCamp Assistant guide lines. You do not set up the partition. That is done during the install process. Your hard drive needs to be in a single partition formatted Mac OS Extended (Journaled), with a wired keyboard and mouse.

Make sure you download the drivers and burn to a CD before starting the BootCamp install.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Sorry Harry but you do need to select the bootcamp partition during setup and it's that stage the OP seems to be having difficulty with

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It does sound like the OP may be using a non eligible version of Windows 7. Unless something went wrong with the initial setup from the Boot Camp assistant, it should allow a partition to select.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Wrong mr plow. OP said he set up the partition which indicates outside BootCamp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wrong mr plow. OP said he set up the partition which indicates outside BootCamp.

????????

No dispute about where the partition was created.
It's says they setup the partition, booted into windows setup, then at this point you select the bootcamp partition. Which is exactly what you do.
It's the selection process that's the subject of the original post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.