Using eyes.nasa.gov to track Asteroid Da14

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBPr (2012): 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7; 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3; Intel HD Graphics 4000 512; OS X 10.8.2
Hey all,
I have a question regarding the 3d simulation for eyes.nasa.gov not working... I just wanted to mess around with it and track the asteroid DA14 that is headed very close to earth. It allows you to basically take a ride with the asteroid bruce willis style. Anyway the java plugin it asks you to install is buggy. I know it doesnt work with chrome (32bit) and I read on the web it is buggy with safari for the applet plugin. It's still not working and I want to track that asteroid grrr. :Angry: I also read somewhere else it requires a "unity web player" but I thought flash player and java were this? I looked at unity web players and saw the mayhem of downloading one. Anyone know what's up?

Reaction score
Works fine for me in Safari (Snow Leopard) after you let it turn on the Java plug-in.
Will check it on Firefox after I log off here (enabling Java requires a restart of Firefox).
Never asked me for Unity, though I have used it before for other things and don't have it installed right now.
Flash and Java are not Unity, It's a whole other animal.

Edit: Wow, who knew there was so much junk orbiting Earth beyond the satellites! I let it run through the whole simulation in Firefox and it runs fine.
Thanks for the link, I'm keeping it. What makes you think Java is buggy?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.