MacHD icon not showing in Disk Util.

Reaction score
Yesterday, I successfully ? installed a Flash player update, but later my Mac Mini froze and I had to reset Pram? to get it to start. Now in disk utility there is no MacHD listed, it just says "320.07GB Hitachi HTS54503.......Media. My stand alone HD is showing. Do I have a HD problem? Also Super Duper Smart update screen is frozen on desktop.did/will not work. ?cannot see MAC HD?.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do you have a current SuperDuper backup on an external hard drive? If you do, now is the time to use it to restore your Mini.

OP
B
Reaction score
Hi, thank you. I still do not have Mac HD showing anywhere although everything except Super Duper and disk utility seem to be working ok now. I did a PRAM reset late yesterday.
I also noted that there is no history of anything including my visits to mac forums yesterday. there only 3 entries for the entire day. Very strange to me.
Is there anything I can or should do now? I have programs that I no longer have install disks for and if I lose them I'm in big trouble. Like adobe master suite

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You may be in trouble with regard to your Adobe Master Suite because it sounds like your hard drive is failing and may have to be replaced. If you swap out that hard drive and restore from backup, Adobe is going to balk and ask for registration and serial numbers again. If I were you, I'd start to find those disks you lost.

OP
B
Reaction score
RE: Adobe Master Suite/failed HD. Apple replaced not only failed HD, but also failed logic board and lo and behold my super Duper backup program saved all my data including the Adobe Master Suite. All restored perfectly. Apple/Mac is the best system! Super Duper is awesome!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.