Problem with Kernel_Task

Reaction score
Can I post a screen shot for you to find out what my problem is with my Kernel_Task at a rate above 120% on more and more occasions and for longer and longer periods, resulting in very slow and very hot laptop. I am using MacBook Pro

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Sure, you're more than welcome to post a screenshot. However, a screenshot of Activity Monitor (what I imagine you're going to post) isn't going to tell us much. Instead, tell us the specs of your machine and what you've recently installed and uninstalled.

OP
M
Reaction score
Dear Vansmith
Well, I am quite IT savvy in terms of using it, but I am not a theory expert and I am not sure about my specs. I hope the following screenshots will help.
I recently installed a new Seagate portable external drive for my time machine. However, I must say that the problem started earlier.
The problem started with one incident per day, in the evening, when I was at home and it gradually increased to more frequent and longer incidents. The first time I could make connections, I was playing on Poppit on chrome. The problem soon became apparent when I was on Youtube on Firefox (not simultaneously) and it moved on progressing appearing when I was on neither. I always make it a point to close applications I do not use and does turn off my laptop every night.
Yesterday when my kernel_task was high again, I tried to turn applications on and off to see the impact on the CPU usage and I got a warning about flash not running.
Note that the Kerne_task problem does not occur constantly when the above-mentioned apps are in use. However there seems to be link between Youtube and heat (no noise of a fan as I read in some posts)
Just realized I cannot attach a screen shot since I seem I need a URL. Any shortcut or I need to upload my images first?
Thanks

Screen Shot 2013-02-16 at 6.40.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2013-02-16 at 6.32.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2013-02-15 at 10.21.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-02-15 at 10.20.34 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.