Mozilla site broke Firefox 3.6.28 Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC G4 733 Mhz 60 gig OSX 4.11
Diehard PowerPC user here mistakenly sent Firefox to Mozilla add-ons last week and Mozilla crashed Firefox in a big way. After I rest it and restarted the computer Firefox icon would bounce 4-6 times but the app would not open. So I tried to dump the broken Firefox, restart and get a fresh copy from oldapps.com. The new copy did the same 4-6 icon bounce but would not open. My wife is distraught. I came here via Camino and Safari is in the wings, but wife cherishes Firefox. We are not ready to invest in a new computer at present. Helpful suggestions will be much appreciated.
PowerPC Digital Audio 733MHZ, OS Tiger, 80 Gb hard drive,

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC G4 733 Mhz 60 gig OSX 4.11
Mozilla broke firefox

Thanks but TenFourFox is not compatible with most survey and online banking sites. We gave it a 3 week trial. My wife uses this computer to do those things. Fact is that TenFourFox is not as great as the ad hype makes it out to be. Back to my original question. What happened when Firefox 3.6.28 went to Mozilla and crashed then would not open anymore?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well maybe it is time to swallow diehard and look at an Intel model.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Well maybe it is time to swallow diehard and look at an Intel model.

I'll second that.

It's probably not what you want to hear, but considering you're using it for banking sites, you DEFINITELY want a browser that is up-to-date in terms of security. Running an older browser, particularly one that is many generations old, is a huge security threat and one that I wouldn't overlook. Even more concerning is that you're likely also using a version of Mac OS X that is woefully out of date in terms of security updates.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.