Finally switched and delighted!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 Mac Mini with 16GB RAM
Firstly, a big thanks to this forum for invaluable information. Over a period of two weeks I have completely switched over from Windows to Mac. I bought a new Mac mini recently and ran my PC alongside it.

There were a few teething problems along the way but I am now finding that OS X is generally better than Windows for many things. I've yet to learn some of the keyboard shortcuts but my PC is now powered down and decommissioned.

I've put the 1TB drive from my PC into a USB 3.0 enclosure so I can still read the contents should I need to. I'll eventually use that external drive with Time Machine for backups.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5 Ghz Intel Core i5, 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB. OS X 10.9.1 Late 2012
A fairly recent switcher myself, i too have not looked back! I doubt i will ever be back to Windows apart from maybe in the workplace.

I've found the mac community on here an excellent help with no question too stupid...well, within reason!

Welcome!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
There is an application called "CheatSheet" for Mac that, if you hold down the CMD button on the keyboard, it pops up a screen with the shortcut keys. I dont have a link, but if you search "CheatSheet for Mac" it should come up. Helped me with shortcuts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.