DVD Burning.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, 21.5",OSX, Mojave Late 2012. Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5. Memory now has 16GB. + macbook
I've been looking around trying to find why I'm having so much trouble trying to burn a DVD. I found a thread by Joymax8 and I think I'm in more or less the same position as him.

I have a bought dvd that's not copyrighted and I burnt it to the hard drive with HandBrake-0.9.8-MacOSX.6_GUI_x86_64.dmg. All well and good so far, but I can't find a way to put it on a dvd-r with this programme. When I went to the download page of "Burn" it looked as though it didn't go with my system. I couldn't see what system Joymax has got, but mine is:
21.5-inch, Late 2012,
Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M 512 MB
Software OS X 10.8.2 (12C2034)

Can anyone help a new old boy out please.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
If you just want a straight copy of your dvd without any editing, then you can use Disk Utility, which should be in the Utilities Folder in your Applications folder.

Open Disk Utility, select the dvd and choose "New Image". When that image is complete, drag it into the left hand pane below the divider, insert blank dvd and select "Burn".

This won't work for protected/copyrighted dvds.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, 21.5",OSX, Mojave Late 2012. Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5. Memory now has 16GB. + macbook
Thanks for the help and sorry I've been so long getting back... cars deciding to go on strike, one getting some rust cut out and the other thinking "now would be a good time to play up" :Angry:

Anyway, I gave up with the dvd and went to youtube where I downloaded the very same thing and finished up with it on a dvd, which was what I was aiming for.

Thanks again.

Ps: I will look at toast... when I've saved up. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.