Vpn on a mac due to throttling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi Guys
I hope i don't get shutdown for asking this but
i'm a newbe to the forum and thought after many hours off scrolling the net on vpn's etc i thought I'd ask a question here as i was having my download speed throttled to no end by talk-talk.
I am looking a better vpn if someone can recommend a trusted one as I have been using gotrusted the last few days after reading a few reviews to see what if anything happened with my isp. Initially i thought, or it looked like the speed had dramattatically improved at the times off day my isp where throttling me, however the speeds are now down again quite extensively from 500kb/s to 40! plus gotrusted seem to be using only 2 isps as well so has my isp got wise to this and throttle any activity to these possibly?

I am downloading files which are public domain tv shows from a person who's files have allowed me 500kb/s+ downloading with at times a 2mb/sec spped but i seem to be still throttled so i telephoned this person who says nothings changed from his aspect and i know from others that my isp still seem to be throttling me even tho i am using gotrusted. But as newbe to all this.. gotrusted is meant to give out a false ip adress to my isp, however when checking the network preferences my ip shows up as another number and i am wondering as the router was installed here a few days ago by talk talk will they still see this ip from the router or will that be masked by gotrusted's ip?? do i need to buy say a new netgear fibre router?? inconjunction to new vpn software?

I do not mind paying for a great service as i would like to give something back to the torrent community for the amount of downloads i have done but i want to have my total torrenting traffic securely hiden for my downloads and seeding as my isp seems to be throtting on all my downloads and network activity.

can anyone advise of wheather i need a new fibre router and the vest vpn to use if indeed they can be truely stealth as a lot claim? it's just gotrusted seem to be using 2 ip address so is my isp got onto this and blocked or choked both??
sorry if my questions seem elementary but i have a lot to learn about the whole torrenting game.. and interenet info..

thank you for all advise on this
CD

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sorry no help with this. Please read our guidelines which you can find in my signature line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.