look at an iBook but it has an issue

Reaction score
looking at an iBook but it has an issue

ok so i found a G3 ibook (700mhz i believe) for 300$ but the ethernet port is "jacked" up. and she said that she put in an Air port but couldent get it to work. so my question is.... is there any way that i can put in a new ethernet? and if not she might be alittle off so should there be any reason that the air port wont work

thanks

R

radarbob

OK, I'll respond...

I assume "jacked up" means "it doesn't work." And with inoperable airport, why buy the computer? Who doesn't surf the net, besides you I mean, if you buy this computer. And a laptop w/out wireless, IMHO, is like an airplane missing one wing.

I would not be surprised if fixing the computer costs MUCH more than $300.

There are plenty of used computers available at decent prices, you do not need to buy one with known limiting defects.

Laptops are not designed for snapping pieces on and off like building your own desktop PC. Often an entire motherboard must be replaced when something on it is broken.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.