macbook charging issues

Reaction score
I've been experiencing unreliable charging with my macbook pro. I have three different adapters, any of which might work or not work at any given time. A friend of mine tried the adapters on his macbook, and they worked. As a result, I suspect the problem is with the charging component on the laptop itself, not with the adapters.

Have any of you had a similar problem, and what can be done to solve it.

Thank you for feedback!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Before assuming that the charging components are defective, have you determined that your battery is in good chargeable condition? Suggest downloading the free coconutBattery application to see what the condition of your battery is. Download link is here. Post back the results and we can go from there.

OP
C
Reaction score
I purchased and installed a new battery about 4 months ago. All is well there. I've found an authorized Apple repair place in my area and had a chat with them. I'll take it in and see if they can resolve the problem. Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, great. Download the coconutBattery app anyway as it will come in handy to keep up with the status of your battery. Let us know what the result of taking it on in is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.